Africa Leather and Leather Products Institute (ALLPI) in collboration of the Ministry of Trade and Industry of the State of Eritrea conducted a Training of Trainers in “Footwear and leather good Design,Craftsmanship, Export Readiness, Transformative Entrepreneurship, Costing and Record Keeping” during 19th July – 1st August 2023 in Asmara, Eritrea.
The objective of the training was to:
- Enhance SMEs knowledge landscap on Leather Footwear Design, Craftsmanship and Exports Readiness;
- Facilitate SMEs growth through Shifting their Mindset and Embrace Changes;
- Enhance MSMEs technical capacity and economies of scale to supply both Public and Private Sector institutional buyers;
- Promote replication through knowledge sharing &dissemination.
- Assisting SMEs understand the importance of correct and effective record keeping.
- Control costs, make decisions and plan for future;
- Set appropriate prices to make justifiable profit;
A total of 30 leather-based SME representatives from Asmara, Eritrea have attended the ToT program. The training is part of the technical assistance grant of the BADEA Project activity.