The delegation led by Mr. MR.BINIAIM BERHE, CHARGÉ D’AFFAIRES of the Embassy of Eritrea in Ethiopia and Permanent Mission to AU & UNECA, visited the ALLPI Headquarters in Addis Ababa on 6th September 2023. Mr. Biniam was accompanied by Mr. Zeresenai head of Administrative Issues in the Embassy and Mr. Mohammed (Bilateral relations).
The delegates were welcomed by Mr. Ghebregziabher Ghebremedhin, Acting Executive Director and Programs Coordinator of ALLPI together with the ALLPI team of Experts.
The objective of the visit was to understand the operations of ALLPI to the region in general and to Eritrea in particular.
Brief presentation was made by Mrs. Birkinesh Gonfa, Investment Trade and Marketing Expert of ALLPI focusing on major activities performed by ALLPI for the State of Eritrea. The following activities were conducted for Eritrea:
- National Leather Value Chain Strategy Development;
- Research and Development;
- Participation in the Consultative fora and experience sharing dialog meetings;
- Curriculum Development;
- Capacity Building activities at various levels of the leather value chain segments;
- Machinery support;
- Market linkages and B2B networking activities, and