ALLPI as mandated institute to develop the leather sector in Africa in general and in its member states in particular organized the “Business Plan Designing and Implementation” workshop that was held 30th July – 3rd August in Mombasa, Kenya.
Participants were drawn from the following 12 African Countries: Burundi, DRC, Eretria, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Rwanda, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda and Zimbabwe. The participants were mainly from government ministries and private sector.
The general objective of the workshop was to improve the capacities of Member States in terms of supporting their respective enterprises in the leather sector.
The specific objectives of the workshop were to enable participants to:
- Understand the term, concept and objectives of business plan;
- Capacitate in design effective and applicable business plan;
- Understand the important of business plan for ongoing business and new established business;
- Equip with tools that can be used in designing a business plan;
- Present some models of business plans;
- Give some of the frequent causes led to the failure of business plans.
ALLPI used the interactive approach in the workshop; three groups were created from the participants to come up with business plan for institutions they selected.
At the end of the Training Workshop, it was agreed that representative participants to provide training in Business Plan design and implementation for stakeholders in their respective countries.
All the participants, in collaboration with ALLPI, are also expected to develop business plan for enterprises in the leather sector.