Africa Leather and Leather Products Institute (ALLPI) in collaboration with Leather Industry Development Institute of Ethiopia (LIDI) and Ethiopia Leather Industry Association (ELIA) facilitated the business mission of France composed of five business people and Association Leaders to the leather Industry in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia from 7th – 9th November 2019 . The business people were from major industry players in France (DEGE TRADING / NORCUIR, COVICO / NOUVELLE SOCIETE ARNAUD, FORTAIN, NICK WINTERS HIDES & SKINS / BIGARD / SOCOPA, SYNDICAT GENERAL DES CUIRS ET PEAUX).
The objective of the mission is to assess possible collaborations in the areas of Trade and marketing. The visit has also an objective of participating on the AALF 2019 ground to create marketing linkage activities with trade fair participants and visitors worldwide.
The business mission program includes:
- Visiting Leather Industry Development Institute of Ethiopia (LIDI) to get understanding of Governments support activities for leather sector actors along the leather value chain,
- Visiting LIDI premises to see the support areas of research, product Development and technical support to the leather sector,
- General Discussion and B to B meetings with Ethiopian tanneries during the meeting with LIDI.
- Visit selected leather and leather product manufacturers for possible collaboration regarding raw material supply and knowledge transfer,
- Visit AALF 2019 to create networking with participants worldwide.
The Team gave feed back after the Business mission completed and confirmed the last long interest to work with Leather sector actors in Africa in general and Ethiopia in particular for the mutual benefit of Leather sector development.